Do I wear this under or over my clothes?
The compression knee ice wrap is designed to fit comfortably over lightweight clothing or directly against the skin if desired.
Can I remove the pump for the air bladder?
Yes! The hand pump is removable and the knee wrap also includes a small anchor strap for securing the hose out of the way.
Will this work for either knee?
Yes! The Vive compression knee ice wrap is reversible for use on either the left or right knee.
Is the compression knee wrap latex-free?
Yes! The compression knee wrap is made with a latex-free neoprene blend and the Arctic Flex gel packs are constructed with a soft, latex-free pvc.
Can I get a second set of gel packs to keep ready in the freezer?
Yes! Replacement Arctic Flex gel packs for the compression knee ice wrap can be found here.
Can I heat the ice wrap packs in the microwave?
Yes, the ice wrap packs can be heated in the microwave. After an initial 15 seconds, each pack can be heated in 10-second intervals until the desired temperature is reached. It is important to observe the gel packs while heating, stopping the microwave immediately if the gel packs begin to expand.
What are the dimensions of the knee gel packs?
The Arctic Flex knee ice wrap packs measure 9” by 4”.
Does the knee ice wrap stay soft when the gel packs are frozen?
Yes, filled with a unique clay gel, the ice wrap packs remain flexible when frozen to conform to the knee for targeted relief.
What is the compression knee ice wrap made of?
The Vive compression knee ice wrap is made with a latex-free neoprene blend.
Where are the pockets for the gel packs on the knee wrap?
There are two vertical pockets on the front of the knee and one pocket behind the knee.
How is the knee ice wrap sized?
The Vive knee ice wrap is designed to comfortably fit knees up to 21” in circumference.
Will the compression knee wrap help the pain in my knee from arthritis?
Yes, the compression knee ice wrap will help alleviate pain and inflammation from arthritis and other painful knee conditions.
How to Use for Cold Therapy:
- Place each ice wrap pack flat in the freezer for a minimum of two hours
- Remove from the freezer and secure in the interior pockets of the wrap
- Apply to the area to be treated
WARNING: Treatment time should not exceed 20 minutes
How to Use for Heat Therapy:
- Place each pack in the microwave on a paper towel or paper plate
- Heat on full power for 15 seconds
- Remove the gel pack carefully from microwave and knead to distribute heat evenly
- Check for the desired temperature
- To reheat, place the gel pack back in microwave for 10-second intervals until the desired temperature is reached
- Place the heated gel pack in the interior mesh pockets
IMPORTANT: While heating, watch the gel pack carefully. If it starts to expand, stop heating immediately